Sunday, March 15, 2009

More exercise


I know I harp on this one a Lot, don't I?
And you know why?
It's because most of the issues I see in class would be solved by this one answer.
More Exercise.
More.
More than That.
All that jumping on you?

More exercise - and teaching them another behavior to do besides jump.
That hysterical run through the house every night that knocks over furniture and drives you nuts?
More exercise.
That compulsive chewing everything you have?
Appropriate chew toys, better supervision - and more exercise.

That on going barking? Yes - more exercise.
And on the flip side - got a (younger, healthy) lazy dog who wants to veg on the couch and not play? Guess what the cure for that one is? Go on, guess now - you can do it!
Yes - more exercise. Get that blood flowing and that brain working.

A tired dog is a good dog. I just can't say it any plainer than that.

No comments: